Monday

Beach Break Live



Beach Break came and went really. A very strange festival really; targeted at a student demographic the festival seemed to lack that charm often associated with a certain spirit and focussed more on who could walk around showing off their buff bodies with the most painful shade of red! Although it did have the scariest looking ride (at night, complete with a strobe). That said, the setting was truly beautiful, the weather stunning...and I had the holiday I so craved.

As for the art we got up too, both through intoxication and lack of camera equipment I am still awaiting images of the final stuff...but here is a pic of what I started...and need to finish. We were helping out the Beat Redemption tent -


- It was the first time I had used spray in front of people, and initially it was a bit of a disaster, but on the second day I got in the groove and although its not the usual way of doing things I took a more abstract style, using VERY gradual build ups of colour and tone...given a few more hours this will look pimped and I'm genuinely excited about some future forays with spray in the future. Overall I wasn't proud of what I achieved - but live and learn eh?! Perhaps the festival state of affairs I normally find myself in isn't the best condition in which to perform...



...It resembles a lot of what I have been up to artistically at the moment, sketches and all. Krishna's face seems to have inspired me somewhat and I can't stop drawing figures loosely based on his profile! But this is horribly unfinished - I just wanted to show roughly what I was up to. Here are a couple I did on the day and sourced for this start...




All this live art has got me drawing again, and once I have got a scanner I will be able to share with you what I am up to at the moment (and not rely on a shitty camera phone) - I promise...I am looking to bring out a new portfolio for the second part of 2010 - and with it a new online presence in the form of a proper webiste with pages, and section and proper navigation...

No comments:

Post a Comment