Friday

Eboy ---> Fix Pix


Without wanting to become an 'app store' salesman or Apple product fanatic...I wanted to ensure that you knew about this little beauty from Eboy - harmless fun that reminds me of countless hours spent procrastinating around Wheres Wally books in my childhood.

Eboy collectives work always inspires me - mainly through having attempted pixel art myself I can begin to understand the pain they must go through creating their intense compositions. What I love the most is the blend of obvious and subtle intertextual references in the images, yet this game 'Fix Pix' to which i confess I have indeed purchased for my ipod brings a more hands on experience that brings you closer to understanding the workings of their composition.

Its damn cool - use the motion sensors of the ipod to 'fix' the image - I just liked the way you could explore the compositions and save the finished pic as a wallpaper - it's addictive and such a unique way to extend the attention span to great art - all good.






No comments:

Post a Comment